Of all the resources for ‘hunting’ down new finds, I have two favorites. Estate Sales and Nature’s Bounty (more on that in another post). (Barn sales are actually the total bomb but they don’t happen often around here so I can’t even go there.)
At a recent estate sale I found this …….
……in all it’s uber ugly gold-ness. Let the dismantling begin!
First up, cleaning the crystals. A bath of hot water, salt and vinegar does the trick.
Next, I used tin foil to cover the parts of the chandelier that were not getting painted.
Next, a coat of primer and then paint.
Tada! No wiring this time – it already came with a plug and DIMMER!