Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Rrrrrrred!


I love red!  It’s one of, if not my very favorite color.  So when I picked up this sad little beauty it just screamed red.
10 Oak dresser DUR
This is one of those very rare times when the piece was taken out of the car and was being attacked in the driveway before it made it into the garage.  The translation of that would be that there were too many pieces in the garage so  I better ‘ git er done!”.
Sanded, repaired and almost ready for paint.10 Oak dresser
10 Oak dresser BEF 1
The finish on the top was so old that it came off pretty easily.  Perfect for staining.
10 Oak dresser BEF
The pulls & keyholes on the 2 lower drawers are original to the piece.   They were soaked and then sanded.  The top drawers got new hardware and I kind of liked the black pulls for contrast.

10 Oak dresser AFT 3
I love how the wood grain peeks through in the bright sunlight.
10 Oak dresser AFT 2
It hard to tell because of the sunlight but the top was stained a dark walnut.  I love the contrast against the red.
10 Oak dresser AFT
In just over a week this has made it’s way to the shop.  Next!

4 comments:

alison said...

So cute! I just love these little old dressers!

DD's Cottage said...

Looks great and I love red too!

DD's Cottage said...

I love red too and you did a great job on this!

Lori E said...

Wow. That is a great piece. Love the red. A punch of color.