Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Brand New Year


I am happy to have 2011 behind me.  It was a tumultuous year (good & bad) and I was happy to welcome 2012.    And then the new year welcomed me…..
New Years Day
…….with balmiest weather I have ever witnessed in January!  Last year at this time we had over 3 feet of snow in New England.  (OK – admittedly both are extreme but this was soooo much better!)   I was so excited that I had laundry out on the clothesline soaking up the fresh air. 
Next.
Primed Sideboard
I washed and primed a small sideboard.  Outside.  In New England.  In January!!!!

I ended the day by taking advantage of the glorious weather
and headed over to the neighborhood pond. 

New Years Day SWANS

A pretty nice way to end the first day of a new year.

1 comment:

Old Time Cindy said...

Maureen,
You're back!!! I've been thinking of you.
Please shoot me an email and we'll catch up!
May ya have a blessed 2012!