Sunday, May 26, 2013

Flowers & Weathered Wood

 Two of my favorite things!   As a matter of fact I was supposed to be outside planting flowers this weekend but Mother Nature had other ideas.  So instead I spent my time inside…. printing flowers.

0525 Window IMAGES

I needed some wall décor for my freshly painted breezeway  /mudroom so I pulled out an old window that I cleaned up earlier.

0525 Window BEFORE 1
There was an odd ‘fuzziness’ on parts of it –probably from being out in the rain.
0525 Window BEFORE 2
See?  I sanded it off as best I could but it was tough to get at without breaking any glass.

0525 Window BEFORE
I dry-brushed the paint on and lightly sanded with a sanding block.  That took care of the fuzzies pretty well.  Then I chose the photos for the frames.
0525 Window FRAME 1

0525 Window FRAME 2

0525 Window FRAME 3

0525 Window FRAME 4

I wanted the pics to be removable so that I could change them out seasonally so I added 2 bands of elastic to the back to hold the pics tightly to the glass.    They are  easily removable when I want to change them up.

0525 Window BACK
And this is the final result!  
0525 Window AFTER
Easy…and free!
I'm linking up to Catch as Catch Can hosted @ My Repurposed Life

3 comments:

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

What a beautiful project! You did a great job!! Lynda

Mel said...

That's so pretty! What a great idea to use the elastics so that you can change the pictures easily. Wow, you must have an amazing printer because those prints are stunning.

Kammy's Korner said...

I love old window projects and have done so many but this one just blows me away - SO beautiful! Pinning!