I was deceived. It didn’t have too many nooks & crannies and I thought it would be a quick fix. Curvy lines with mostly flat surfaces….but…..it was a bleeder.
I prefer to take things completely apart if I can. Then do the prep work. Sanding. Wood filler. (I prefer not to use stripper because it’s a messy proposition and it just feels toxic.) Then prime. Yada yada.
I started by using a brush on primer but that’s when the trouble began. Pink bleed through. So I went to my ‘go-to’ spray primer (Rustoleum – Artist’s Touch – 2x coverage) in very light coats to seal in the old stain. It worked.
I put it all back together and spiffed it up with crystal pulls. I used foam board covered with batting and a pretty pink fabric to create a pin-board in the back.
Good to go. Into the shop it went.