Monday, August 26, 2013

Beautiful Flow Blue

 

I am breaking away from my standard whites to play with Miss Mustard Seed’s milk paint. 

Last summer I ordered the retailer starter kit and anxiously awaited it’s arrival.    Unfortunately for me, 2 days before it arrived I fell and sprained my ankle.  I was completely out of commission for 3 months.   Then along came winter, yada, yada……   So now I’m ‘playing’!

 

I can be a little color shy so I started out with a small piece.

 

08 Flow Blue table BEFORE

So here I go again with no real before.  I had already sanded the top when I thought to get a picture.  I don’t know about anyone else but sometimes I get myself in a tizzy when choosing colors – it’s very annoying.  It’s not like I’m paint the Sistine chapel or anything.  Jeez. 

08 Flow Blue table MID

 

 

I opted to stain the top (dark walnut) and paint the rest in MMS Flow Blue.

08 Flow Blue table MID 2

What a gorgeous color!

08 Flow Blue table OIL

Finished it up with some Hemp Oil.

 

08 Flow Blue table SHOP

Here it is installed in the shop.    The photo isn’t very good because the sun ‘got in the way’ but………

2 comments:

shannon i olson said...

lovely, I am really liking the partial paint and leaving some wood surface. I am hoping to do a piece like that soon.

Mel said...

it's not the Sistine chapel, but it is gorgeous:) I am really liking blue lately and that blue is really nice.

Love the legs on that little table.