Tuesday, August 27, 2013

From Yucky to Meh….Not too bad

 

When it comes to furniture I am all about curves.  I love ‘em!  I am not a fan of mid-century modern nor Eastlake.  That’s not to say that they aren’t nice but hard lines are not for me.

 

There is one ‘style’ (and I hesitate to use that word because it certainly is ‘stylish’) is 70’s chunky pine with a dark stain.  Like this…

 

08 70s table

Uh-uh-uh-ugly!  I would never have picked this up but it was dropped off in my driveway.  Free is good.  As I pondered how I would get rid of it, I thought that since it couldn’t look worse than it already did, I would play with it.  Out with the grey paint….

08 70s table 1

A little distressing.

08 70s table 2

A little better.

08 70s table 3

Add some appliques?

08 70s table 4

Hmmmmm……. I thought this one couldn’t be rescued but it’s not tooooo bad!

2 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Really turned out so cute! Love the color.

Unknown said...

Not to bad???
Well you're really hard to please lol
I think it's gorgeous - love it!
XXX