Monday, July 14, 2014

Reloved Window

I’ve always had a thing for old windows.  Years ago I dragged my dad out with his pick-up truck when a local nursery had changed out their windows and there was a stack of the oldies outside.  He was always game for my nonsense and we loaded up his truck.  I hoped to one day make a greenhouse with them but dad is now gone so…. so is that dream. 

I’ve since dug into the stash and done some upcycling.  You can see some of those projects here

My latest project is similar to this one that I have over my bed….

0525 Window AFTER

I did this one for the shop……

Old window florals 1

I used waistband elastic to hold the pictures in place.  I glued two strands across each pane on the sides (you can see them below) so that the pics can be easily changed out.

Old window florals

NEXT!

7 comments:

Mel said...

So pretty and what a great idea to use the elastic for easy changes.

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Namely Original said...

I like your idea for changing out the picture,clever!

Amanda said...

I love how you used the elastic for the photos! Genius!

Lori E said...

I have an old window in the garage right now!! I love the idea of using the elastic. I change my mind often and this makes it quick and easy to change out the photos.

Lori E said...

I forgot to add that you must have such great memories of your dad if he was that game to go along with you on these adventures.
You were a lucky girl.

Emily, Our house now a home said...

I love this. I have two old window panes that I used as picture displays and my kids artwork display. They are perfect for things like that. I adore the pictures you chose, so soft and sweet!