Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Comfy Bench for Your Bum


PREAMBLE
Silly little story.  I kind of don’t like wood benches.  They remind me of the merry-go-rounds that were in the parks in my town when I was growing up. 
Once upon a time…..there was a little girl who wanted to go on the merry-go-round at the park.   The bigger kids were spinning it round ‘n round and the little girl wanted to join in the fun.  So she tried to sit down on it as it was spinning.  Bad move.  The wood was old and dry….and splinter-y.  Nuff said.
BACK TO THE HERE AND NOW
That said, I do love vanity benches.   Mostly because I love vanities I guess.  I’m working on a vanity right now.   I also just finished a bench.
No “before” because this was started a while ago.  Picture this….. dark wood with dirty green brocade upholstery.

0210 French bench
In keeping with the French revolution that’s going on.  Now all french-ified.   

0210 French bench 1

Of course since it had been a while since I worked on this, I had misplaced the wood plugs so I compromised.
0210 French bench 3
One down…soooo many more to go.
Signature

2 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

I admire your work! I used buttons on a shelf to cover up the holes in it left from taking out the pegs.

Maureen said...

Tricks of the trade!