Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You Did Not!


That was the reaction from a few of the other dealers at the shop. … when I told them that I had painted a table….green!  I paint 99% of my furniture a shade of white or cream.  (Who knew there were so many shades!) 

I was at Lowe’s and there was a gallon of  green “oops” paint for $5.  Significantly cheaper than most paints so I bought it.   

0411 Green Table
It’s a kind of…..mmm…..Spring green’ish?  When I took it outside in the sunlight the color was kind of shocking for my eyes since they are so accustomed to white.  I let it sit for a couple of hours to see how I felt.

0411 Green Table BOTTOM
It’s a pretty color but I just thought the all over green was a little too intense.

0411 Green Table DISTRESSED
So I distressed the top.  Couldn’t help myself.

0411 Green Table IN SHOP
After 4 hours of redoing my booth for a weekend sale I was pooped and this is the only picture that I managed to take.  But look!  A blue chair too!  I’m working on it…..

4 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

I love using oops paint...forces you to be creative and makes you leave your comfort zone. Fun results!

Lil' Shoppe of Treasures said...

I love what you did!!! :) I just acquired about 12 gallons of oops paint from a friend who is strictly a ASCP user now...

Bliss said...

I'm with you.... I have a standard of painting in blacks, whites and browns. Hard for me to leave my comfort zone but I love colors when I see other people use them.... like a little green table.

~Bliss~

★Carol★ said...

I loooove the green table! Pretty darn nice for oops paint. I've always been meaning to try some of that, but never remember to look for that section in the paint department. It would be great to find something I can use, because paint is NOT cheap!