Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Back in Action - The Rescued Chair

Sometimes I come across the saddest looking pieces of furniture.  Like this….

Rattan chair BEFORE
I understand that styles and taste change but one thing that I do NOT understand is tweed fabric.   It.is.nasty!   Not only is it unattractive but very rough and scratchy on the skin.  The saving grace for this chair were the curvy lines and legs. 

So after a little time at the spa…….

Rattan chair AFTER
Here it is all exfoliated, moisturized and wearing new duds.  Oh the powers of paint!   And a little elbow grease!

7 comments:

Lynda Bergman Decorative Artisan said...

You did a great job, making it look beautiful again!! I love the shape of the chair.
Lynda

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Maureen! Glad to see ya check in! The chair looks great!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Just perfect! Very nice job!!

Michele said...

I love your chair Maureen! Thanks for sharing it at our Wow Us Weekend link party! I featured it this week so stop by to take a peek!

must love junk said...

What a transformation! I just found you and am now following! I'd love you to visit :)
Susan

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow! That really looks like a different chair! So happy to visit your blog! I am following now, too!
Blessings,
Susie

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

Maureen, so glad you stopped by so I could find your wonderful blog! Love what you do with pieces and this chair...well...it is adorable! Great Inspiration!