Thursday, November 29, 2012

All That Glitters Should NOT be Gold


Of all the resources for ‘hunting’ down new finds, I have two favorites.    Estate Sales and Nature’s Bounty (more on that in another post).    (Barn sales are actually the total bomb but they don’t happen often around here so I can’t even go there.) 

At a recent estate sale I found this …….
1129 Chandy 1
……in all it’s uber ugly gold-ness.  Let the dismantling begin!
1129 Crystals
First up, cleaning the crystals.  A bath of hot water, salt and vinegar does the trick.

1129 Chandy 2a
Next, I used tin foil to cover the parts of the chandelier that were not getting painted.

1129 Chandy 4
Next, a coat of primer and  then paint.

1129 Chandy 6
Tada!  No wiring this time – it already came with a plug and DIMMER!

3 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Hi Maureen!
See you are still going at it with your pickin' and paintin'! You do such a great job!
Farmhouse Hugs,
Cindy

May said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I have been hoping to find a great old chandelier too to redo. Love yours! I am a new follower : )